A little late, but better late than never!!
The New Year Meme: 2015
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
- I actually got some healing! A major surgery that I needed for the last 25 years, but it happened! And I learned how to ask for help
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Here is what I posted last year with updates:
- Find joy. True Joy: I did! I even threw myself an awesomeness party last weekend to celebrate this!
- Eat healthy. I did way better at this and I can tell!
- Find a way to exercise that makes me smile and want to keep doing it. LOLOLOL!!!!
- Build my friendships. YES!
- Continue to work on my marriage. I can honestly say? We are the best we have ever been
- Start a new hobby. Still lego
- Take time to breathe. This I have done. In a major way
- Pay off crazy amounts of debt. Get smart with our money. UGH. Every time I think things are getting better something big hits and then we start again. So no go on this one.
- Make more money at work! I didn’t manage this one but Husband sure did!
- Don’t weigh myself. At all. Not even once. I didn’t succeed at this but I have succeeded at maybe once a month and there is no weight obsession at all anymore!
- Take another trip to Terrace to visit friends. Didn’t happen with all the bedrest. Hopefully again this year!
- Watch less TV. Oh dear. I failed horribly!
- Color more. Nope! None. But I did paint my house!
- Love myself more. This I did in a major way this year. Not always easy but I am doing it
- Try some new hair styles🙂 SO excited to say that I did this!!!
- Plan myself an amazing birthday party. Again with the bedrest. This did not happen. But to make up for it? Threw an amazing party recently. I will blog about it soon
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA-to Florida, California, Nevada BAHAMAS-the Atlantis Paradise Resort
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More laughter. More freedom. More fun!
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 18th. The day of the hysterectomy. The day my pain went away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving. This was a tough year. A really tough year. But I did it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not standing up for myself more. Not saying what I was thinking more often.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
LOL! This just makes me laugh
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Lego. Lego. More lego. And some cute clothes
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Husbands. He is the most amazing, hardworking, supportive man I have ever met. I love him more and more each year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A whole lot of people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. But also travel!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Both trips we went on, my surgery (screaming and jumping excitement!), and all the time I got with my siblings and their families this year
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Frozen “Let it Go”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier. b) thinner c) about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Taken better care of myself financially and mentally.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had worried and been anxious less.
20. How will you be spending Christmas this year?
I have no idea!! Hopefully just Husband and I on a trip somewhere
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell more in love with Husband, more in love with good food and more in love with some friends.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
No idea. I enjoy too many shows!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. Maybe despise? And yes. But can’t name names.
25. What was the best book you read?
No idea! I read all the time! Book and books and more books!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I enjoy singing karaoke!
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted my lady bits removed!!!
28. What did you want and not get?
My dads friendship back.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t watch a lot of new movies this year but loved the Oceans movies and the Bourne ones all over again
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 and I don’t remember it at all! I was maybe a little stoned on pain killers
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less pain physically!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
comfy! But I also bought a few dresses which is huge for me
33. What kept you sane?
Paige, my dog. Husband. Church. Friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Anyone with dimples and a cute smile. Sigh
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I stayed away from all news this year. It was lovely
36. Who did you miss?
Friends and family. I hate living so far away from everyone.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014?
It is what it is. Stay strong because I am worthy.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Thinking the same as last year.
“You are more than the choices that you’ve made
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes
You are more than the problems you create
You’ve been remade”
– 10th Avenue North